- If you’re looking for a way to buy books online and still support your local independent book shop, try the hybrid business model of hive.co.uk
- Steve Ludlum on the ‘triangle of doom’ graph – the pinch point where falling creditworthiness meets rising oil prices.
- Amnesty International believe they have been spied on by GCHQ and have issued a claim against them for hacking into their systems.
- Ford are planning to unveil their first solar powered car this year, an electric hybrid with a solar panel roof.
- A great post by Ben Phillips on inequality as a transformative campaign, from which I quote:
the struggle against inequality isn’t a claim that it is possible or desirable for every person to earn the exact same income. No, it’s an insistence that every person is precious, that we need each other, and that in a decent society the gap between the richest and the rest is contained. For three decades after the Second World War, that was the global and bipartisan consensus. It can become again.